Canada student visa from Bangladesh
Canada student visa is a dream for every Bangladeshi students those who are wishing to study in Canada. But visa refusal is every Bangladeshi student’s greatest nightmare. After COVID-19, Canada student visa rejection rate has shot up to 40-50%. The visa application process for Canada has become a rather long process involving tedious process of 3-12 months. Now situation has improved and visa rate has increased. As per the report, the number of study visa permits increased by 48%. But Bangladeshi students knowingly and unknowingly make very basic mistakes that leads to Canadian student visa refusal reasons. Research found that most students get student visa rejected due to failure to show strong country tie or strong financial support.
What Documents are Required for Canada Student Visa from Bangladesh?
A foremost step to prevent your application from getting rejected is making sure you have all documents ready on time. Before starting with the visa process, you must get a Letter of acceptance from a Canadian reputed institution.
All students must submit the following documents to apply for a Canada student visa from Bangladesh::
- Valid Passport: For Bangladeshi student, its important that you have a passport whose validity covers the intend to stay in Canada. If your passport is MRP, make sure you convert it to e-passport with longer validity.
- Proof of Acceptance: You would need to provide a non-conditional letter of acceptance which you have received from your institute after payment of necessary fees.
- Photograph Requirement: Your photographs must comply with the specifications below. If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
- Image size should be around 35 mm x 45mm
- Image should be recent (no older than 6 months)
- Proof of Financial Support: It is compulsory for students to be able to afford their expenses while studying in Canada. Applicants can provide various documents as proof of financial support:-
- Official bank statements for the past six months
- Proof of a Canadian bank account in the applicant’s name, if they have transferred money to Canada
- A letter from the sponsor stating the availability of sufficient funds
- Applicants who are offered scholarships or are in a Canadian-funded educational program must show proof of funding paid from within Canada
- Minimum Funds Required for Student Visa Canada- Students applying for a study permit in Canada are required to prove that they have enough funds for a return fair as well. Funds can be proven with the help of the following:
- Medical Examination – Canadian Immigration requires international students to undergo a compulsory Immigration Medical Examination from a selected medical center. You have to book an appointment and visit the listed doctors for a medical examination, preferably a week before you start your Visa Application.
- English Language Proficiency- The students need to score a minimum of 6 in all four IELTS sections and better score could be more than 6.5 or above. A good IELTS score shows that you are serious student which will increase your chance to get student visa.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)- When applying for a Canadian Study Permit, you are required to submit an essay explaining the purpose of apply to Canada visa as a study abroad destination and why you have chosen the particular institution and program. This is highly recommended.
- Credit Card- In case you are making an online application, you’d also require a credit card to pay the application fee. The Visa Application Fee for Bangladeshi students for Canada is CAD 150.
How to Apply for Canada Study Visa?
All students must apply for student visa or study permit online, you can apply offline only if you have disability that prevents you apply online. In some cases students need to be upload Notarised document of original copy. Global Edu Planner is also providing Documentation services for student visa and immigration. The general application process in both cases are as follows:
Application Fee: 150 CAD
Biometric Fee: 85 CAD
- A scanner or camera to create electronic copies of your documents
- A valid credit or debit card
- Register with GCKey
- Create your MSCA profile and update your personal information
- Upload non conditional offer letter or acceptance from your University or College
- Your tuition fees transfer receipt
- Upload your educational documents including Language test result which are attested by Notary Public
- Upload Statement of Purpose(SOP)
- Upload upfront medical test receipt
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Upload all financial documents including bank statements, property valuation papers
- Upload Sponsors source of income documents including letter of employment, trade license etc.
- Upload last 3 years income tax return papers
- Upload duly filled family information form
- Finally submit your application
- You need to check your study permit status by logging in to GCkey, any query from IRCC, you will receive email to your registered email Id
A Perfect SOP required For Canada Study Visa
Statement of Purpose or SOP is an elaborate document containing information about your intention and purpose to study in a particular country. It is a deep insight into a visa applicant’s life, core-interests and outstanding achievements. SOP is essential for Canadian study permit because your applying for visa online and you can’t be present front of visa officer to tell your background. So you need to be very careful when you are drafting a Statement of Purpose (SOP) for your student visa. You need to show a clear picture of your intention including your education plan, your career plan and your country tie. If your are confused writing a good SOP, you should take help from experts.